Total Pageviews

Friday 1 June 2012

Every day is a good day...

 

dailydose.com

I think with the distance, work schedules, hectic lifestyles, tricky twenties, my friends and I are getting to a point where we count our blessings instead of moaning.  This does not mean we do not moan, but we do it whilst counting and thanking God for what we have.  I could not have survived without Sethi's nightly Whatsappes messages, these were sent every night to remind me one step at a time.  Half of the time, I felt like a cow for being so homesick, whilst her mom is in Zimbabwe.  I think what irritated me even more about her is that she would not let me just wallow and entertain the misery.  We had a hectic term, yet again, the next two will be just as bad.   Today I cooked lunch for her and Olwethu, to say "thank you" for carrying me, but also just to "chill" and have a decent conversation that do not include anything about PR.  So YES, every day is a good day, when you have a support system like mine. 

2 comments:

  1. Mad love and respect for you woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very well written piece. And very thoughtful of you for doing something for someone else who has been supportive though the tough days.

    ReplyDelete