Total Pageviews

Monday 13 February 2012

Distance is a female dog...

Technology has been kind to us, not only can you instant message(in the world of BBM, Whatsapp, Twitter and Facebook) with anybody, anywhere but you can even see them(Skype).  To be lonely in this time and age is really rare. 

Darn lucky we are I say...

Yet we are all lonely, silently, because at some point you do need a real hug, a brush on the hand to say, you will be okay kid.  So we settle for BBM and Whatsapp emotion cartoons(kisses and hugs) through the screen.

A friend truly needed me today, but all I could do was send an email, a BBM hug and silently hope that will be enough, to make them hold on till tomorrow.  Why do I blame this on distance, I have no cooking clue, because I needed to move to Cape Town in order to grow, as I keep saying.  Does growing mean you have to give up the life you knew but not necessarily loved?  Yes, because most of the time sacrifices must be made.

So today, yes I realize distance is a female dog, but I am thankful that I have BBM, Whatsapp, Twitter, Facebook, Skype and all the other things that make having a real conversation with the people in the same room impossible...but make me still be able to keep to in touch with my old life.

Quote:

I want a hug.

But not just a normal hug.  No.  I want one of those pick-me-up-off-squeeze-me-tight-spin-me-around-hurts-my-tummy-but-still-makes-me-smile-leaves-me-breathless-gives-me-buttefrlies-makes-giggle-stupidly kind of hug.

                                            makemestfu.com









1 comment:

  1. Nowadays , technology help us in numerous ways. We can stay connected to the people that are close to us. However; it can't replace the warmth of a human being. But as long as we are in contact; we might as well settle for it until we meet again.

    ReplyDelete