Total Pageviews

Thursday 23 February 2012

If I was a boss

I'd be like my ex Greek boss, get to work at 09:30(no traffic in Bloem) and be the last to leave the office.  He really knew how to make being a boss look so cool like a Rockstar. Drive into the driveway with his Aston Martin wearing dark sunglasses, can I get a grrrrrr....

George is his name, married a strong woman her name is Bronwyn, I believe she is his secret weapon, and am pretty sure he knows it too.  I am no feminist, nor do I think women run the world, but that man is lucky.  She has 4 children, a body of a 22 year old, and works from 8 till 4*coughs*, and runs the business like a well oiled machine from Monday to Friday.  We always admire famous people, but I always look around me 1st before I idolise people I have never shared a hallo with.

Bron was born in a farm in KwaZulu Natal.  On the short conversations we had together, she was the Boss afterall so it had to be short, I had passed a comment on how I admired the way she could have kids, a career and be married.  She then laughed and said, 'Zan I have alot of strong women that help me' and started to count her domestic workers, and people who help her to babysit and raise her kids.  Right there I thought, she acknowledges the people around her, another person would have taken the shine and ran with it.  Her husband travels alot, half of the time 3 times a week, but wherever he is, he knows his business is in good hands.  She is not autocratic, but is always objective which must be hard when one is a woman and "catching feelings" will always be our weakness.  Everyone was scared of her but not out of fear, but because you genuinely respected her.  If one of her employees had family problems, she always came up with a reasonable solution that worked for the person first then the company.  In the property business she deals with mainly men, but I have never seen her 'trying' to be a man, she had no point to prove, because she is comfortable with who she is.  She works hard, and it brushes off on you, she is goal oriented and pushes the people to deliver.  How can I forget, at work we were served lunch every single day, and every last Friday the bar would be open:).  Sometimes she would come out of her office running, to go watch her kids play sport or simply because she forgot she had to go pick them up. She had bad hair days, stains on her top she is a mother afterall, gets agitated no human being is perfect and wore the most gorgeous shoes, because at the end of the day, she is just another woman. 

Don't get me wrong, George is not a man who just cruises in his car, looking ohhh so cool.  He is a hard worker, funny man, kind, and very busy and misses so much time to spend with his family because he has to maintain the beautiful life they have built together with Bron and the kids.   I just admire how he was able to choose such a strong woman to be his partner.  That makes him a good boss, because he knows how to choose the people that will make him realise his dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment