Total Pageviews

Thursday 26 April 2012

Lessons from music

Emelisande.com
My favourite singer of all  time is Tracy Chapman, I was introduced to Tracy in my late teenage years, oooh the stories I could tell.  Tracy sings about the black struggle in America*Talking about a Revolution*, love*The Promise*, self acceptance, drug abuse, but in such a touching and relevant way even in 2012.  Road trips with my older sisters and memories that I will always treasure*that include late friends*, Tracy was always playing in the background.

anthonyfree.wordpress.com
Am sure at some point, every single person would like to write to their favourite singer telling them how much a certain song changed their lives.  How it felt to know you don't share certain feelings alone.  Every human being likes a sense of belonging...this sometimes we may not find in our families or friends, but music can provide that temporary haven.   

Adele, the first time I heard HOMETOWN GLORY, I literally danced like nobody was watching.  It was love at first hear in our case*chuckles*. My favourite girl of the moment has to be Emeli Sande, bless the person who introduced me to this woman.  I heard SUITCASE last week.  Its hard to find "good music" of late in the times of Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry, where sex sells more than the content.  I have nothing in control at the moment, I feel like am in a rat race I don't want to be part of anymore.  These three women are  my solace.  LONG LIVE GOOD MUSIC...

No comments:

Post a Comment