Total Pageviews

Tuesday 15 May 2012

A friendly face in the crowd.


smileyface.com


My mother will be getting operated on for the first time tomorrow.  She is the one person I know who never gets sick, so you can just imagine how worried I am.  While I was busy listening to presentations in the Media class today, my older sister was getting her PhD in East London.  Distance has robbed me of a special moment in my sister's life, and am too far to go be with my Mother.  So its been a tricky few days.

There I was waiting for a shuttle to Res today, and I saw someone I have not seen in 16 years.  Oh what a friendly face it was.  There last time we saw each other was in primary school, he was in Standard 5, and I was in Standard 4, before they were called Grades. 

A quick catch up, a promise to go to supper when the craziness slows down, and I feel like I have been home for an hour.  Relocating is no easy task, but when you see a familiar face, it takes away the pain just for two minutes.

It was suprisingly good seeing him.

No comments:

Post a Comment