Total Pageviews

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Our greatest strengths are our greatest weaknesses.


SA.jpg



We live in a hella*pun not intended* of a country.  This statement has me silent chuckling, I don't want to open my mouth today.  Story for another day....

Well am silently chuckling because I thought of Jacob Zuma's "strength" that has got the whole country talking, and now that Murray(sp) artist made it look like his "weakness".  Well its always been his weakness or culture as we like saying in this country.  Yesterday I had to explain again, how when you frown upon your culture/background you insult everything about yourself.  Jacob Zuma is a Zulu man, born and raised as such, and his also a polygamist which is legal in this country.  To have his "private parts" exposed like that, when he is a father not only of the nation, but to his own kids you often wonder what this country is about?

The lines are blurry in this Rainbow nation, OUR strength as a nation which is our diversity is always mocked and becomes a weakness.  I have no problem with polygamy, I hate cheaters, polygamy gives all the women the same advantages, no hidden mistresses.  I would like to think I am not someone who takes anything at face value, I question, I do not mock, I have an opinion but I do not disrespect what I do not deem as normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment