Total Pageviews

Wednesday 7 November 2012

Are you holding something that you need to let go?

tumblr.com
Yesterday while I busy chatting to someone on BBM, our seemingly innocent conversation turned to something sordid and mean.

I was told am miserable and a stereotype.  It cut deep and left me quite sad to be honest.  I could have immediately taken the victim mode or attacked back.  I did not, instead I did some introspection.  Normally I surround myself with people that know me.  In this comfort zone I tend to "tell it like it is" without considering the other person's feelings because they know this is how I am.  This "acceptance," might have made me have a big head and not be able to draw the line.  All in the name of being honest.  And since my friends know me, they know I am not being cruel intentionally, and that its never my intention to break someone's spirit.

Yesterday I realised  I need to let go of wanting to be always right.  To learn to say sorry first  is not a weakness.

So maybe I need to tone this down, and be considerate.  And since I can dish it out, I must also be able to take it when the same is done to me.  Maybe I need to be more gentle with the truth or just shut my trap.  The latter will work better for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment