Total Pageviews

Thursday 8 November 2012

When you're her age, (over 80) what will matter to you most?

My best friend Khothatso and I have discussed this numerous times.  She says chances are, we will never get married and will end up in some old age home filled with cats. 

I think we will have children, well me rather, and she will spoil them rotten. 

What matters at that age are your false teeth, your spectacles in order to see not read and just being comfortable.  You become a child again.  My grandfather loved jam, marshmallows, drinking sweet tea and fizzy drinks.  If you are lucky, you would be surrounded by your grandchildren and telling them stories*some made up* whilst gardening with them. 

I would presume family and what kind of life you led will matter the most.  The legacy you will leave behind would be more important.  My grandfather had a "motto" on family home gate since I was a child.  It says VUKA UZENZELE which means WAKE UP AND DO IT YOURSELF.  That is the legacy he left us.


My best friend and I in Cala, my grandfather's gate.


No comments:

Post a Comment