Total Pageviews

Wednesday 7 November 2012

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?

I had to literally count with my fingers to remember how old I was in Std 3, he he he.  

holycrossaliwalnorth.co.za
 
The year was 1995, the first multi-racial school I went to was Holy Cross Convent Primary School.  I can just remember Mrs Albert's bookshelf, full of books with Nancy Drew, Secret Seven and Noddy can you believe it, Noddy in Std 3.  The school had a playground with swings, a swimming pool and a yard so big, everyday was an adventure.  I miss that carefree life.  

When the summer holidays came, my sisters and I would go to my grandfather's house in Cala.    The swimming in the stream, the running around in the meadow, playing house and collecting bird eggs and making new nests for them.  We were always trying to figure what was behind the mountain and the night stories*intsomi* my older sister would tell us before we went to bed.  I miss that sense of family.

So if I did not know how old I am, I would definitely be 10 again.



No comments:

Post a Comment