Total Pageviews

Friday 27 July 2012

A skill called leadership.


I think I have the worst leadership skills, well am a Robert Mugabe type of leader, I mean well, but my intentions are always seen as me being a bully.  If we look at the Robert Mugabe saga, he meant well at the beginning.  Most of Zimbabwe's land was owned by a minority group, and that was not exactly fair.  He could have found a better solution than the land grabbing yes, but decided otherwise.

I am a great orator, a passionate person, loyal, I analyse things to the point I exhaust every possible angle.  I do not make well thought of moves, you will have to make me smoke a bag of weed before I do anything I consider stupid, that is how hard it is to convert me from anything I believe in.  I am one of the biggest partypooper, I live on the borderline of boring.  I hate being told what to do. 


Not everyone has got leadership skills, they should always be followers, the salt of the land really.

My favourite leader of all time, is Thabo Mbeki.  They say leaders must be charismatic, dynamic, tall and he was none of these.  However he was a man with a plan, a great negotiator, filling Nelson Mandela's shoes must have been daunting.  We must remember Mandela promised, Mbeki had to deliver.  I don't think Mbeki was a born leader, but he was groomed or thought the skill...education makes a lot of things possible.  With that being said, I think our country was not ready for him, he came too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment