Total Pageviews

Friday 27 July 2012

Emotional Intelligence


Yesterday in class, Business Management, Rudolf was talking about emotional intelligence.  This is basically*now I sound like a Kwaito star, using words like basically* how you choose your battles, I hope this is right, I was half listening.  Anyways, let me try to break it down.  I love getting my own way, this is something I get from my mother and my sisters.  At home people don't solve problems, they would rather sulk than admit they are wrong.  Its a terrible habit and in our defence we are a house full of women.  This terrible habit we practise on each other or our partners, not on friends funnily enough.

This has made dating particularly hard for me, because its my way or the high way.  So you can just imagine the fights I get in with the poor sods that find themselves under my spell.  In most cases, when they meet me, they find this exciting, a challenge, a woman who has her own thoughts until it bites them in the ass.

To even admit this shows a little maturity on my side, because for a long time I would not.  Take today for instance I wanted to make a certain person bleed, yes bleed for not giving me the attention I feel I deserve.  Instead of being aggressive about it, I politely asked him what I needed to ask, he gave me his answer and I proposed a solution, he agreed and said thank you.  If that is not emotional intelligence on my part I don't know what is.  Baby steps, am not going to be healed immediately, but am willing to try.  His worth it...

No comments:

Post a Comment