Total Pageviews

Wednesday 25 July 2012

"Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read" (Frank Zappa)

This comment made me immediately wana say:  ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!! And I don't even like nor listen to Rock music.  I have however seen Bono looking hella of cool though.

OH but does Frank Zappa not sound like those snobby people who  walk like they have carrots up their toosh and when they don't like a certain music genre, they must diss it.  I can see him sitting in his lounge in his silk nightgown with a cup of tea listening to opera music, puffing on a cigar. 

I have seen posters that say Zappa in clubs or these grunge artsy places I like going to.  I always thought he was a Rock star himself,or a person who does portraits of Rock stars.  With that being said, I am a supporter of any reading, I don't even judge people who read the Daily Sun as long as they don't use those stories as reference to real life.  Knowledge is power, words are weapons.  Come to think of it, I once read a copy of the Rolling Stone before we got our own South African version, I had no cooking clue what they were talking about.  That did not make me think Rock journalists are not good writers, but I merely thought maybe its because am not familiar with the rock scene.  I still want to go to a Rock Fest, scream Rock on, scream my lungs out, act stupid, jumping up and down like we see in those European festivals they normally show on TV*yes, am a lost case, but am always game for anything new*. 

*note to self:  ask Zaan about Frank Zappa, am too lazy to ask google my smart friend*.  



No comments:

Post a Comment