Total Pageviews

Wednesday 4 July 2012

The elephant in the room

Oh gosh mine is PINK, just standing there in the midst of my tiny house that is my mind.  I am quite a straight forward person, who has surrounded myself with people that always shy away from the truth or as they say, they think positive.  So am the bloody pessimist in the room, while everybody else says the glass is half full. 

Needless to say, as stubborn as I am, sometimes when people keep saying the same thing to me maybe its time for some self evaluation.  My elephant, is the way I over analyse things, I dwell on them, till I am satisfied that yes this glass maybe is half full, bleh.  This I truly believe am doing to protect myself, to avoid disappointment and to be able to live with me, myself and I.

Sometimes though am too precautions that I end up missing on the fun am told*so overrated by the way*, even though am not someone who believes in missed opportunities.   Take yesterday for instance, yesterday I took a chance and did something that I did not think through, the end result, adrenalin rush that lasted exactly for 3 minutes...but now my ego is bruised.

So my Dear Pink Elephant, please overstay, I will just have to work around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment