Total Pageviews

Tuesday 30 October 2012

28 October 2012

Every year on TV they always show a clip on the news of the 'wind season' in Cape Town, I hope I can call it that.  On 28 October 2012, I experienced it first hand.  Mind you, my mom and I would always laugh when we watched it, women in the city trying to hold on to their dresses.  I walked around on Monday chuckling under my breath because it was so weird.  I wished I could call home...

The wind literally pushes you back, so you can't move forward or rather you cannot move, your foot gets stuck in mid air.  Like you are in the Matrix the movie.  I tripped on my own foot and nearly fell.  I had to go back to town twice, because I forgot my wallet in my room.  So when I was done, I went straight home, before the wind could blow me away.

P.S. do put rocks in your pockets as anchors.





No comments:

Post a Comment