Total Pageviews

Wednesday 17 October 2012

What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you!

I would be a stay at home Mom, with four kids to be exact.

This is a bit tricky because one, the education I have literally blood was shed*apartheid regime* for me to have, how dare I not live the South African dream to the fullest?  My mother raised us alone, worked so hard so that my life would be easier...so how dare would I just want to just sit at home, and be a kept woman?  And for someone who has the biggest marriage phobia, being a stay at home mum would mean I would have to get married to someone, for the rest of my life...the HORROR!

Yet with all that said, I really would like to be one.  Wake up and make them breakfast, drop them off at school, go to their after school activities and just be there and make them cookies on a Sunday morning.  Give them butterfly kisses on their tummies and tickle them till they can't breathe...oh the sound of a laughing child*goosebumps*.

This will never happen, because I was raised and trained to be independent and more especially to never be submissive to any man.  To want more out of life, to keep chasing this dream that will supposedly make it worth it, to be anything else...will be frowned upon, success is measured by things, not by the good, decent children you have brought into the world. 

What a bummer, I would make such a HOT staying at home mom.


P.S. not everyone can pull a Victoria and be both, some of us, we always HAVE to choose.



No comments:

Post a Comment