Total Pageviews

Tuesday 25 September 2012

My favorite Cat in the Hat book is The Alchemist and Slumdog Millionaire, because...

Ooooh my heart is singing, you cannot ask me to name one book, the utter cruelty.  During the winter holidays, my Mum bought me four books to read.  Unknown to the both of us that would be our last holiday together.  There was always books next to her bed, amongst those books I found this book, Slumdog Millionaire.  This was not one of the books she had bought for me, but a friend had given it to her.   Luckily for me, I had not seen the movie.  I absolutely love fiction, its like peeping through someones window and you wont be caught or be judged for being curious.  What I enjoyed about the book was how I could not figure out the end.  This is normally possible because I have read so many books, so half of the time I can predict the end.  As I am typing this, I have a huge smile on my face. When I was reading this book, I was like a child in a candy shop and I was so happy to be home, in my bed and just reading.  This book made me laugh, cry, scared but in the end reminded me that things do work out, eventually.  The boy who became a millionaire made sure he listens, hears and absorbs every single thing his friends and mostly strangers shared with him.  That is how he became a millionaire, besides the money, but the information people were willing to share with him.  That is better than any money.

This Alchemist I read because of my older sister Ncedisa.  The guy she was dating bought it for her*lucky muffin, I still have to meet a man who buys me books, I will bear him sons only, quote me on this*.  So I read it and needless to say, two months later I got myself my own copy.  Paulo Coelho takes you on a journey you had never imagined.  My sister said from reading the booking she learnt "when you want something with all your heart, all the universe conspires..."  I learnt the same thing, but she said it so much better*ha ha ha ha*.  By the end of the book, you learn that all you desire and want to achieve is inside of you.  That is how powerful you are.


No comments:

Post a Comment