Total Pageviews

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Am like a child all over again.



This is a picture of any typical township life back in the days.  When I saw it, I remembered my childhood. 'When playing was a dirty game', literally. This is a game I enjoyed every holidays except in Winter.

Our bodies were used to the maximum, and getting to be the champ had no boundaries.  The boy in the picture who is me when I was 7, is playing with marbles.  In a game of marbles everybody brings their own marbles, and the plan is to win as many as marbles from your opponents as possible.  Then the winner takes all as per any game....

This week, am going home for the Easter break.  Now I won't play till am that dirty, nor do I have any intentions of lying on the ground like that.  Yet this term felt like that, I played hard*nothing fancy, my 'playing hard' is my school work, bleeeeh*, and gave the best I could.  As the little chap in the picture, my eyes were focused on winning, and my win was to survive this term.

Now I get to go home, lick my wounds, eat, play and hopefully rest.  My mind is like that of a child, am so excited I can't even sleep.   I came to Cape Town, I saw things I must change about myself, did not conquer as yet...but lived long enough to see 'THE END' of this term.

'I WILL BE BACK', in Arnie's voice.

*huge grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment