Total Pageviews

Thursday 8 March 2012

Let's take a long walk

I recently discovered Lower Main(Obs), well its not recent anymore, but when I first arrived I walked down Lower Main, and it was love at first sight/walk.  All the people looked like they had walked out of a an artist's magazine.  It has a side to it that I totally love...dirty, artsy, and very much breathtaking.  Sometimes when things get too hectic at Res, I just go walk there and my mind is cleared.  I don't know if its the music store, with records on the wall, the old bookstores that smell like an old house with so much stories to tell, the foreigners that permanently occupy its streets or simply because its what I always thought of Cape Town would be, totally bonkers.  Whatever the reason is, I love that side of town.

Last week a old friend came into to town, we walked the whole of Long Street, it was something that words would never be able to let me describe...EPIC.  Him being in Cape Town was good to share, the old life and the new life in Cape Town.  Such life, unlike Lower Main with the dirtiness that suits Lower, it is like walking into a European Magazine...they were photo shoots, people lunching on the side walk, lovely shops and not enough time to pop into every single one of them.  And there I was with my long skirt, black vest,my locks(hair) being blown by the wind, denim jacket in hand feeling like am in a Guess ad...*mhmmmm fancy ne*.

Taking walks clears my mind, refreshes my soul, makes me be able to put things into perspective and sometimes just to be still. This is my drug, that makes my heart pump all day long.  With the pressure am constantly under of late, I feel like I am in a glass box, no windows no door, trapped, when I start walking, I feel like am alive again.  I would walk all of Cape Town if I could, but the sun is harsh here, its got me looking like black piece of toast....

1 comment:

  1. I love obs for these same reasons :) Are you staying in the res just down from UCT Private Hospital?

    ReplyDelete