Total Pageviews

Thursday 22 March 2012

We are what we do.

image by: mittromneycentral.com
I do a lot of things in a day, week, month, please be specific...don't want to be labelled for the 'wrong' things *putting on my defencive armour*. 

I once read, Human beings like labelling things, then it makes them feel secure in their choice.  Please do not quote me on this, I could have read it on Wikipedia who knows, very unreliable source as I keep being told.  Anyways, I don't like labelling people, this may be purely because I do not like it when it is done to me as well.  Which happens frequently*looks around, maybe I am crazy*.  Most people say am crazy, this is merely because am not like them, when fitting in is the order of the day.  Am too complex to be put in a glass bottle and be tagged.  You might read this and say am a very defencive person, another tag by the way. 

Someone once said I do not look like someone who can cook, then I replied, flip I left my tag on my bed, it reads*I have a black belt in EGG BOILING*.  Very few people know that my Mum raised us*my sisters and I* in a one bed roomed house full of books before we moved to the 'Burbs'.  Every summer holidays we would go to the Transkei to visit my grandfather.  The chores there included waking up at five am, working in the garden, cleaning the house, tending to the sheep,cows, chickens and cooking for an army*my family is that big*.  Of late I have been labelled as a pompous cow*excuse my french*, coconut, crazy because people need to tag me in order to understand me.  That being said, I think am a typical South African dream, born to a middle class home, raised by a single amazing mother, sent to the 'best school' in my dorpie(Aliwal North), worked hard to get my 1st degree...then the world was my oyster.

Yes maybe I am what I do, which is work hard with the hope of serving my country, be a good daughter, a reliable sister, super hero aunt, and a good friend.  By the way I am a tad bit crazy, but am the only person who can say it. Let's rather say it like the Wayans Brothers in White Chicks, You said, but you were THINKING IT.

2 comments: