Total Pageviews

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Not all who wander are lost.

Alone

Lying, thinking
Last night
How to find my soul a home
Where water is not thirsty
And bread loaf is not stone
I came up with one thing
And I don't believe I'm wrong
That nobody,
But nobody
Can make it out here alone.

-Maya Angelou

Being LOST has always symbolised being alone for me.  Whether you are lost because you did not ask for directions, picture a girl in the big city, scared, lost and alone, or you are lost because you trying to 'find' yourself or inner peace.  No man is an island, but we live in a time where self reliance is a must in order to avoid being disappointed.  You might wander because you got distracted, that is how you ended up lost. 

However the title says, not all who wander are lost.  When I feel alone or need a home for my soul, I read a lot, in order to escape from my thoughts.  Or I call a friend, who sheds a light and makes me feel better.  We may not want to not rely on people, or show weaknesses, but when you ask for help/directions, you are not necessarily being weak, or showing signs of no destination/drive.  You are simply asking for assistance, to be carried, in order to find your way again.  Hence you were wandering, but you were not lost...you simply took the wrong turn to your destination.

DR MAYA ANGELOU, mayaangelou.com



No comments:

Post a Comment