Total Pageviews

Thursday 22 March 2012

When quitting is not an option

I made a friend in class a couple of weeks back, we clicked from the word go...So we hanged and laughed most of the time, till she dropped a bomb on me and told me she was quitting  PR.  This really broke my heart.  It was hard because when you have a plus one*friend* in a new environment you tend to feel a bit better.  She could not anymore and I had to respect that.

Every Thursday, I take sometime and reflect on my week.  Its choose Thursday because our classes or lectures end on a Thursday.  So I sit and count what have I achieved, what will I do differently next week.  One of the first things on my list is always, I will hold on and I will survive.  This is normally true till I start on Monday again, then the self doubt starts again, the anxiety attacks and other insecurities I cannot explain on this page.  Its hard...its draining and I had a fellow classmate ask me is it even worth it?

I honestly don't know if its worth it...but I know that lovely, empowering feeling you get after finishing an assignment*pictures of Thandi dancing in my room come into mind*.  I know that feeling at the end of the day, when you start thinking and speaking like a PR practitioner, that sense of accomplishment, I started it, therefore I can finish it. 

I joined a Zumba class with two of my classmates, felt darn good in the midst of the craziness.  Met a girl who suggested I must join their swimming class, I can swim but I would like to bring out the black Penny Heyns in me*another challenge*.  So it was another terrible week, but it brought other blessings as well...

This is my story, I wont quit, I will be miserable half of the time, walk around looking like a zombie, but am going to make this work!!!!!

Cheers to another bad week.
image by: archive.blisstree.com

No comments:

Post a Comment